Brighter Futures works to develop sustainable, integrated support across whole school settings, focusing on building confidence and expertise, so that best practice becomes embedded within the school. Our services are effectively aligned with each other and with the Thrive approach.
We have been working with St Andrew’s for nine years, providing support for the school through Bath Primary Attendance & Behaviour Panel, but also through commissioned work for B&NES and directly commissioned individual services.
Over time the different offers of support have become increasingly integrated, building capacity across the school.
RANGE OF SUPPORT/INTERVENTIONS:
- Nurture Outreach Service (year-long support for vulnerable pupils transferring from Nursery to Reception)
- Bath Primary Panel pupil assessments and behaviour/emotional support interventions
- Therapeutic interventions: Play therapy, Art therapy, Theraplay
- Staff supervision (termly meetings to support individual staff members)
- Educational Psychologist assessments
- SEND Consultancy to carry out Audit of school SEN provision and support implementation of identified actions
- Senior Leadership Team consultation and support
- Thrive practitioner training for 3 staff
- Emotional regulation - whole staff training and modelling of approaches with children
- Group interventions: Forest school, Thrive Creative Arts, Emotional Regulation Groups
- Bereavement support for staff and children
As the work has become more integrated it has supported the development of a whole-school approach to complex issues. Additional staffing capacity has been provided through individual supervision and focused group training. Patterns in provision have become clearer, and each service supports the delivery of the others, ensuring good value for money.