The Thrive Approach
Thrive is a specific way of working with all children that helps them to develop their social and emotional well being, enabling them to engage in life and learning. It supports them in becoming more self assured, capable and adaptable.
Positive relationships are at the heart of Thrive. We use these relationships, together with play and creative activities to give children key experiences at each different stage of their development. Repetition of these activities support their development, helping them to:
- Feel good about themselves and know that they matter.
- Increase their sense of security and trust.
- Increase their emotional wellbeing.
- Improve their capacity to be creative and curious.
- Increase their self esteem and confidence to learn.
- Learn to regulate and recognise their feelings.
- Learn to think before behaving in a certain way.
Thrive also helps us understand the children’s needs being signalled by their behaviour. Sometimes children may struggle a temporary setback or other longer term changes in their lives such as a bereavement, family illness or even the arrival of a new baby. If this happens, we use Thrive to look beyond the behaviour and give children the support they need to get back on track. This may be as part of a small group or a 1:1 basis.