At Three Ways School we strive to provide a safe learning environment for all students. Due to some of our pupils experiencing allergies, we strive to ensure we work closely with pupils and parents to support needs accordingly.
An allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of nut products or other products pupils may be allergic too, cross contamination and breathing nut dust in the air. Since this condition can be life threatening, we ask all members of the school community for their help in minimising the risk to these children by:
a) Avoiding giving children nuts or nut products in their packed lunch
b) Avoiding giving nuts or nut products or snacks/bars containing nuts for snacks
c) Avoiding sending containers such as cereal boxes for DT / Art lessons into school which may have contained produce made with nuts.
Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to these children.
We thank you in advance for your co-operation and support regarding this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch.
If you would like more information on Allergies and advice/guidance this is a useful website